Cyclists Gear Up for Another Year


The Outdoors Is Calling You!

Hundreds expected to gather annual Bike Swap!

Continental Ski & Bike hosts the annual Bike Swap on Saturday & Sunday, April 21 & 22.

SALE DATES: April 21 & 22 at Continental Ski & Bike – visit

SELL/DONATE: Bikes for sale and donated bikes accepted at CONTINENTAL SKI & BIKE

HOW:  Donate new and gently used bikes in good condition April 1st – 21st

           Selling? Bike check in begins April 19th, 20th at 9:00am and April 21st from 8:00-9:30am.

WHY:  Proceeds benefit Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies Humane Society

This highly anticipated annual event attracts hundreds of people each year. Take advantage of all Duluth has to offer for commuter, recreation and sport cycle enthusiasts alike and get outdoors!

Continental Ski & Bike aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle year-round, and their annual event the Bike Swap is a great opportunity for many to find either their first bike or another bike to add to their fleet.

Over 550 bikes were sold at last year’s event!

The Bike Swap includes local community organizations, vendors, food, bike test drives, and a vast selection of used bikes to shop from.

Want to buy a bike? Remember, you don’t need to bring a bike to buy a bike!

Everyone can take advantage of discounted prices at the Bike Swap. Let our qualified bike “pros” help you purchase a fantastic “new to you” bike! We will help you find the right bike to fit you and your needs.

Selling a bike: Bike check in begins April 19th, 20th at 9:00 am and April 21st from 8:00-9:30 am. Folks who wish to sell their bike will receive 75% of the selling price. The remaining 25% of proceeds will be split evenly with local Duluth charities, Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies Humane Society.

Bikes that do not sell on Saturday will be automatically discounted by 20% on Sunday. (If you don’t want your bike discounted, you must pick it up prior to 5 pm on Saturday.) Sorry, we cannot accept clothing or parts as part of the swap.

Have a bike you’d like to donate? Bike donors make an even bigger impact when they give 100% of the proceeds of their bike sale to benefit Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies Humane Society.

Last year, the event raised over $12,000 with proceeds being divided equally between HLUW and AAHS.

Donate a bike anytime the store is open from NOW through April 21st.


FREE helmets are available for youth with the purchase of a youth bike! Supplies are limited and helmets are distributed on a first-come basis. Special thanks to St. Luke’s Hospital and Joe Golcz, State Farm Agency, for their generous donation of youth helmets.

**Remember, you don’t have to bring a bike to buy a bike!**  See you at the Swap!


  Bike Swap Event Coordinator, Dan Leslie;   218-576-2535

  Animal Allies Humane Society,  Michelle Sternberg, Development Officer;     218-722-5341 x221

  Head of the Lakes United Way,  Elizabeth Mayne, Marketing Director;     218-726-4779

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Community, Events
Better City Superior | Explore Superior
Better City Progresses in Madison

Better City Head Thompson Reports Explore Superior checked in with Bruce Thompson, leader of the Better City Superior initiative regarding...

Superior Delegation goes to State Capitol in Madison | Explore Superior
Superior Delegation Visits Senate Committee

Busload of Superiorites Descend on Madison On a cold Tuesday morning in January, a baker’s dozen of concerned citizens boarded...