Important Information Here for Paddlers!
Next Week is Practice Week!
The following information was provided to Explore Superior by the Rotary Club of Superior and pertains to those participating in next weekend’s 14th Annual Lake Superior Dragon Boat Festival. This is a FREE, family, fun event that the public is invited to each year by Superior Rotary and Harbortown Rotary. For more detailed information, please go to their website by click this LINK.
Attention LSDBF paddlers, if you do not know your practice time, please follow this link.
If you believe their is a mistake with your scheduled practice time, please contact us as soon as possible by emailing us here, or by calling us at (218) 506-8038. There are no dumb questions…please call us!
- Just about everyone is scheduled for a practice! Thank you! If you have not scheduled your practices, please call (218) 506-8038 ASAP!
- We still have some times open.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled practice time. We want to ensure all teams get their full time on the water, so please be on-time.
- Late teams will still need to go through the dry land practice and the late time will be taken off the on water time.
- Barker’s Island by the Ship’s Store.
- This is NOT the same as the race day area.
- Use the Barker’s Island Inn Parking lot and head towards the Boat store.
- You will see the Tent and people will direct you to their meeting areas.
- Captain’s Checklist: simplified (for your own use)
- Drummer Commands script (for your drummer’s use)
- Seating Chart (for your own use)
- Team Roster (for your own use)
- Team Waiver (turn in for the festival- at practice preferable)
- Minors Waiver (any one under 18 needs to have this in addition to the team waiver- turn in at practice or by Friday registration)
TEAM MGR/CAPTAIN’S MEETING:(taken directly from the rules)
- The meeting will be held at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 21, 2015
- At the Stage Area of the Festival Grounds on Barker’s Island.
- All team managers or representatives from the team from the Duluth-Superior area should attend this meeting.
PARKING: (You must read and inform your team)
- Saturday RACE DAY
- Please follow parking guidelines and rules.
- If you have a parking pass, it will get you onto the grassy area with walking access to the Island – you may not park on the island!
- Please tell your team members to NOT park on the island.
- Last year, cars lining the road created a hazard, causing people to walk on the road instead of on the grass. Safety first please.
Please obey signs and parking rules. Tickets & towing of cars/trucks in violation will happen to ensure the safety of the festival goers.
- Warn your team members that they may be towed.
- The Festival will not be held responsible for those who do not follow these rules. Towing & tickets will be paid by the vehicle owners only.
- The Mariner Mall has ample parking and buses are running all day, and are frequent and efficient. Please use the buses!
Questions or concerns, please contact us!