Category: Community

Brick Detailing in Superior

Architectural Beauty

In these days of pre-cast, modular, over-night construction, we seldom see such detailed brick work as is evident in the facade of this building in downtown Superior....

Ukrainian Situation Explained

This  past Tuesday Morning, we had guest speaker Maren Freudenberg present a power point talk on the Ukrain/Russia delima. Ms. Feudenberg recently returned from the...

Halos to Billings Park Good Samaritan

Helps Woman Run Over by Her Own Car Halos to the young man who stopped when he noticed a car without a driver backing into the street.  He assisted a woman who had...

Rainy Day

Is this Weather Beginning to Bug You?

I have to admit, it’s really starting to bug me!!! Oh sure, we’ve managed to survive the second coldest winter on record for our neck of the woods; and of...

Twin Ports Stage

Twin Ports Stage and the Downtown Project

If you’ve heard about Twin Ports Stage, and our quest to occupy the Dunbar building downtown, you may be wondering where we’re at… So here we go: We...

Lake Superior Rental

It’s Sad When a Small Business Closes

Earlier this week I learned that Lake Superior Rentals on Elmira has closed its doors as of April 1st.  Formerly Thompson Rental which was on Tower Ave for years,...

Do You Recognize This Building?

What Building is This?

Does this architectural feature ring any bells with any of you ESBS’ers out there? Unfortunately, you seldom see such beautiful details in the buildings of today....

Salvation Army Break-In

Pitchforks for Salvation Army Break-In

Pitchforks to those who broke into the Salvation Army recently.  I mean come on…..there is nothing there they wouldn’t just give you if you visited during...

Bike to Work Day

National Bike to Work Day!

Free Breakfast and Coffee when you bike (or walk!) to work (or school!) May 16th from 6:30am-9:30am. Check out the details above!  

Kid Recycling

Recycling…take care of Mother Earth!

Seeing how this is Earth day and all, I am asking why people don’t take advantage of the city’s curb side recycling  program.  I was told by one resident...