Keup Resignation Creates Vacancy
By Joan Parenteau
NOTICE OF SCHOOL BOARD VACANCY
The Board of Education of the School District of Superior, Superior, Wisconsin, is accepting applications
to fill the position of School Board Member vacated as a result of the resignation of Sheila Keup.
The School Board will appoint a candidate to fill this vacancy as soon as possible. The term of this position
will conclude at the 2017 spring election.
Each applicant must be an eligible elector of the school district. To be an elector, a person must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- 18 years of age or older;
- A resident of the district for at least 10 days preceding the appointment.
Qualifications and Qualities
There are many qualifications and qualities which experienced school board members have indicated are
important to school board membership. These include:
- A commitment to the belief that all children of the school district are entitled to have available to
them a beneficial educational program.
- An open mind and readiness to learn.
- A willingness to attend various seminars and workshops which can help them make intelligent
decisions on school affairs.
- A vision and an ability to understand changes in our society.
- The ability to act with other school board members to advance to the best interests of the school
- The capability to articulate and defend the philosophy and goals of the school board when
accepting the criticisms offered by people with differing views.
- A willingness to invest the hours that will be necessary to faithfully discharge their duties.
- Freedom from conflict with any other interest.
Qualified applicants must submit the following materials on or before the date/time of the application
- Nomination papers*
- Declaration of Candidacy*
- Campaign Registration Statement*
- Letter of interest which outlines applicant qualifications
- Three letters of reference which pertain to the applicants skills and abilities to perform the duties
of school board member
*Forms are available at the Administration Office.
Applications from qualified applicants will be received until 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Applications should be addressed to:
President Len Albrecht
School District of Superior
3025 Tower Avenue, Superior, WI 54880